Sunday November 1st, 2009
Can the Broncos Stay Undefeated?
Today’s matchup with the Ravens will undoubtedly be a huge test for McDaniels and his orange crew, but I think they will be up to the challenge.
One of the biggest keys will be the Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan’s familiarity with the Raven’s defense and offense. Sure it has been a few years since Nolan resided in Baltimore, but a lot of the same faces are still there. Nolan will be able to give McDaniels and the offense some exclusive insight to be successful.
What I also like about today’s matchup is the Raven’s recent flaws on defense. There is no question they have some holes in the secondary and are not the same defense of the early 2000’s. In the past two weeks, the Bengals and Vikings had great success on the ground. Overall the Ravens are ranked 19th on defense (23rd against the pass).
The Broncos quietly have managed to be highly successful on the ground (ranked 7th) averaging over 130 yards per game. Offensively Denver is ranked 9th overall and one of the biggest reasons has been the team’s ability to minimize mistakes.
I expect a tightly fought contest, but I see the Denver defense doing a lot of what it has done this season. The Bronco’s are near the top with 21 sacks this season and have a plus seven turnover ratio.
Look for Denver to come up with a tough road win today anchored by the league’s second ranked defense.
Prediction: Broncos 24, Ravens 17
Can the Broncos Stay Undefeated?
Today’s matchup with the Ravens will undoubtedly be a huge test for McDaniels and his orange crew, but I think they will be up to the challenge.
One of the biggest keys will be the Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan’s familiarity with the Raven’s defense and offense. Sure it has been a few years since Nolan resided in Baltimore, but a lot of the same faces are still there. Nolan will be able to give McDaniels and the offense some exclusive insight to be successful.
What I also like about today’s matchup is the Raven’s recent flaws on defense. There is no question they have some holes in the secondary and are not the same defense of the early 2000’s. In the past two weeks, the Bengals and Vikings had great success on the ground. Overall the Ravens are ranked 19th on defense (23rd against the pass).
The Broncos quietly have managed to be highly successful on the ground (ranked 7th) averaging over 130 yards per game. Offensively Denver is ranked 9th overall and one of the biggest reasons has been the team’s ability to minimize mistakes.
I expect a tightly fought contest, but I see the Denver defense doing a lot of what it has done this season. The Bronco’s are near the top with 21 sacks this season and have a plus seven turnover ratio.
Look for Denver to come up with a tough road win today anchored by the league’s second ranked defense.
Prediction: Broncos 24, Ravens 17



No comments:
Post a Comment